- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a pan. Put peas, bell pepper and carrot in a steamer basket and place in the pan. Cover and steam, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; add soy sauce, oil, sesame seeds and pepper; toss to coat. Serve warm.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 81 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrate; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 157 mg sodium.
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (120% daily value), Vitamin C (90% dv).